Convert surface-mount ICs to DIPs for use.
Do you have any of these problems?
- Convert surface-mount ICs to DIP for testing.
- Converting ICs to 1.27mm pitch for use.
- Converting ICs such as QFPs for use.
Conversion board series" is the solution!
- Surface-mount ICs can be converted to DIPs using conversion boards.
- SOP conversion boards can also be used to convert SOP, SSOP, and other types with pins coming out in two directions.
- Types with pins in four directions, such as QFPs, can also be converted to QFPs using a QFP converter board.
What is a conversion board anyway?
Since around 1990, IC packages have become increasingly multi-pin count, and 2.54mm pitch packages such as universal boards have become huge in size. Also, since around this time, there have been calls for smaller, lighter, and more resource-efficient products, and surface-mount type packages have become popular as a means of meeting these demands.
However, at the stage of prototyping, 2.54mm pitch was easier to work with, so package conversion boards were used to convert to DIP and check circuits and functions.
Currently, surface-mounted components are often used on universal boards and breadboards, or as part of repair parts for old products.
Sanhayato refers to products with only a board as "conversion boards" and products with pins as "conversion adapters.
There are also products with similar functions but different applications, which we call "sealed boards" and "universal boards.
Types of Conversion Boards
The following products are currently available from Sanhayato.
The information required for selection is "(1) Package shape," "(2) Pin spacing," "(3) Number of pins," and "(4) External size.
(1) Package Shape
- SOP, SSOP, and other types with pins in two directions → SOP ICIC Conversion Board
- QFP IC with pins in 4 directions such as QFP → QFP ICIC Conversion Board
1.27mm, 1.00mm, 0.8mm, 0.635mm, 0.65mm, 0.5mm, 0.4mm are supported by Sanhayato.
Number of pins
- SOP ICIC Conversion Board Maximum number of pins that can be mounted: 8 to 80 pins
- QFP ICIC Conversion Board Maximum number of mountable pins: 24 to 208 pins
Please download detailed drawings from the product information page.
SOP IC Conversion Board Series Quick Reference Table
- The 2.54mm side with 2 rows x 2 cannot be used with breadboards.
|Maximum number of pins||Number of rows on 2.54mm side||1.27||1.00||0.8||0.65||0.635||0.5||0.4|
|8||1 row x 2||SSP-201||SSP-201|
|16||1 row x 2||SSP-122||SSP-202||SSP-202|
|20||2 rows x 2||SSP-101|
|24||2 rows x 2||SSP-81|
|28||1 row x 2||ICB-010|
|32||2 rows x 2||SSP-61||SSP-51|
|1 row x 2||SSP-123||SSP-203||SSP-203|
|40||2 rows x 2||SSP-102|
|44||2 rows x 2||SSP-121||SSP-83|
|48||2 rows x 2||SSP-64||SSP-63||SSP-53||SSP-41|
|50||2 rows x 2||SSP-84|
|64||2 rows x 2||SSP-82|
|80||2 rows x 2||SSP-62||SSP-52|
QFP IC Conversion Board Series Quick Reference Table
|Base external dimensions (mm)||59.69
|Number of pins||24||○||○|